Monday, February 18, 2008

1st

So this is the first entry of Riley's blog. It's been exactly 1 week since she was born. I actually got sick yesterday so I had to stay with my parents so I don't get her sick.

When I think about it, it's kinda weird. One minute she's inside this round stomach, and the next she's this little person crying her head off. I would say the biggest adjustment is the lack of sleep, since she doesn't sleep through the night yet. But it's not too bad, we've had tons of people come and visit and offer to help. So once in a while, someone will come, we'll hand her off, and go take a nap. Those are pretty helpful.

They say once you have a kid, your whole life changes. I can see that. It's like you have to tend to this little being 24/7. You need food? Got it. You need changing? On it. Got some gas? Lemme help you out. It's weird though. If I did all this stuff for someone else besides my own kids, I'd probably hate them by now. But because it's our own, you love them. I'm guessing this is how God feels about us. How we're probably really annoying to Him, but he probably just laughs it off, and says I love you anyways.

Anyways, I'm hoping to be home by tomorrow. Any hopefully I'll have some pics to post.

1 comment:

Vince Ei said...

I was a baby once... good times, I didn't have to wipe my own butt. Riley, enjoy it as long as you can. Anyways, congratulations!